What to Expect
Please do NOT fast before your appointment. Your appointment will involve:
- An interview with the Civil Surgeon to discuss your vaccinations and medical history
- A brief physical exam
- Blood and urine collection (please enjoy normal meals and drink water before your appointment)
Three tests for communicable diseases are required and included in the cost of the appointment.
- Blood test for: syphilis (RPR) (15 years and older)
- Urine test for: gonorrhea and chlamydia (15 years and older)
- Blood test for: tuberculosis (5 years and older)
Paperwork timeline: Our office completes the i693 form for you to submit to the USCIS. One week from your appointment, you will receive lab results, a copy of the completed i693 form, and the sealed original. In order to complete the form, we must wait for the following:
- Test results to return from the lab (2 to 7 days).
- Proof of vaccination if you are missing vaccines and choose to get them elsewhere.
- Exceptions to the one week timeline are often due to positive test results
- if you have a positive IGRA T-Spot test for tuberculosis, you will then need to get a chest x-ray
- if you have a positive GCC or RPR test, then you meet with the doctor and may require treatment.
What to Bring
- i693 form. Please fill out the first page and add your full name to the top of each page. Click here to find the i693 form.
- Vaccination or Immunization record. Please click here for a complete list of vaccinations.
- Photo Identification (Government Issued)
- Passport OR
- United States Driver's License
- Payment by credit or debit card only
- we DO NOT accept insurance or cash
- we offer an itemized receipt to facilitate reimbursement by insurance
Cost of the Exam
The exam cost includes required tests.
- Adults (15+): $460
- Minors (2-14 years old): $375
- Minors (under 2): $315
Our office can vaccinate. Additional costs for vaccines and blood tests can be discussed with the Civil Surgeon during your appointment.